Monday, April 6, 2009

Top 10 Favorite Musical Artist

I love music and I am constantly listening to my iPod, whether before class, when I'm exercising, or just walking around I have my ear buds in. My iPod has music from Frank Sinatra to Ingram Hill to Britney Spears. I must say I love my music!

My Top 10 Favorite Singers:
1. Jason Mraz
2. Joss Stone
3. James Morrison
4. Duffy
5. Ingram Hill
6. Augustana
7. Gavin DeGraw
8. Paulo Nutini
9. Hanson
10. Damien Rice

Even though I do like artist who are high in the Billboard charts I truly love the random artist I find from listening to Pandora, music.yahoo.com, or from concerts I have been to. Most of the people on my top 10 favorite singers list are there because they have very creative lyrics and have amazing, yet quirky voices. By quirky voices I mean the voices that have something special in them, they are not manufactured like most of the pop music out there today. Jason Mraz for instance has an incredible range because he was trained in theater singing.

I also love it when the artist I listen to write their own lyrics. At least half of the artist I listen to write their own lyrics. When they write their ownlyrics their songs give you insight into their lives and even into how they see the world. For instance, Jason Mraz has the most interesting lyrics and the listeners can see how creative he is. Here is an excerpt from one of his songs "Clockwatching": So what if a two pump chump can’t last. But I made it to three and I foreclosed a five-minute fantasy on a short lived flight making love on economy." His songs are quintessentially his own and that is what I love about all of these artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment